Targos. Termalaine. And Kelvin's Tortuous Terrain.
- #ArmoredCorps Knocking on the rear entrance of Bryn Shander#The Hooked Knucklehead caught the half-orc and Zhentarim ruffian Zarruk off-guard. Surrounded by the six party members, he fessed up that some stolen crates of shortsword, daggers, and light crossbows from Bryn Shander#Armory were still in his custody and due to head to Targos. The party wanted in on their transport. Intimidated by Fern and company and tithout another option, Zarruk complied, telling them to drop it off at the Targos#Luskan Arms for the usual remunerations.
- #ArmoredCorps Half the stolen goods were restored to Markham Southwell's control. Hazel managed to persuide the sheriff to let them take the other half to the Zhentarim in Targos and act as double agents.
- Azgul acquired scale mail from Markham Southwell for 50gp, trading in his chain shirt for 5gp as well.
- Six sled dogs and a sled were rented for 20gp for the day's run to Targos. It is unclear if this rental will be honored. With the stable keeper in a hurry, Crank noted they never left a deposit, after all.
- Traveling between Bryn Shander towards Targos, the party passed an ecstatic wailing woman, not dressed for winter on the side of the trail. With a fire cooking some form of meat.
- #ArmoredCorps The party dropped off the crate for Zhentarim pickup in the shed at the rear of the Luskan Arms. The tavernkeeper, Owenn Tarsenal, seems to turn a blind eye to these dealings. He paid the usual sum he is instructed to give, 60sp, alongside an evening's swill and meal, some fish sausage.
- Azgul spoke with Owenn Tarsenal about happenings in Targos. The town conducts a blood sacrifice lottery on the new moon. The town speaker, Naerth Maxildannar, and his council run it, and the militia captain Skath officiates the sacrifice to appease the goddess of winter's wrath. The lottery is conducted during the three days prior to the new moon with the militia controlling passage into the town during those days.
- #ColdHeartedKiller The murder in Targos appeared to be a man who fled the results of the lottery.
- #MountainClimb A dog, Boy, got the attention of the party and dragged them to the house of Keegan Velryn, a schrimshander and former mountaineer. His husband Garret was a mountain guide and had led a small expedition to Kelvin's Cairn. Boy never leaves his master's side unless there is trouble. At Keegan's request (and a promise of free rooms at the Luskan Arms through his friend Owenn Tarsenal), the party decided they would go on a rescue mission for Garret and company, traveling up through Termalaine.
- Arriving at the dark of early evening, the party found lodging at The Eastlook. The innkeeper, a teenage girl named Marta Pekryk, who tends to the inn ever since her father took ill, had been softly singing the following verse: Ahead of winter’s wind she came / The lovely woman with no name; / Draped in a fur-lined cloak of red / To the icy lake she fled; / The wind pursued her all the same / As sure as night she’s dead. This song was a legend about a forlorn traveler who gifted a ring of warmth to her grandparents. The traveler died the next day when she departed. Marta wears the ring, and it seems to bring her comfort.
- #ABeautifulMine Miners had been returning back from work in Termalaine. A boy on a soapbox was announcing that a monster infestation in a gem mine, and that the town speaker, a half-orc named Oarus Masthew, had posted a 50g reward.
- The party visited The Blue Clam, the harborside tavern. It was filled with fishers and miners. Some dwarf were spicing their chowder with lead, a sweet tooth garnish for the poison resilient dwarves. The tavern owner and chef, a half-orc named Vernon Braig, served the party, noting that the stew tonight had rabbit brought from Lonelywood trappers.
- #ABeautifulMine Speaker Oarus Masthew is a gregarious, seemingly liked half-orc. He detailed the troubles with the tourmaline mine. Since the mines eventually connect to the Underdark, occasionally some denizens of the deep creep on upwards. Currently, a population of kobold seem to have taken root in the mine. There have been hosilities, but no deaths. The reward for clearing the mine is 50g, and he'd turn a blind eye to any gems the party picks up while in the mine itself.
A Rescue at Kelvin's Cairn
- #MountainClimb Arriving at Kelvin's Cairn the next morning, the party found Garret Velryn's dog sled and hungry dogs. Having fed them, they traveresed the icy cliffside, saw mountain goat, and eventually found Garret, knocked unconscious after a fall. He had lured a violent yeti away from the group of four he was guiding. Garret is a scout by training, and while exhausted and wounded, is still able-bodied.
- #battle #MountainClimb Three crag cats pounced on the party. Garret fought alongside them. These were big, mean kitties.
- 120 ~ #ArmoredCorps COMPLETE
- 10sp each ~ Payment from completing #ArmoredCorps.
❮ 03 · Chronicles · 05 ❯
Journal: Chronicles | Quests | Characters | Battles | XP | Loot | Calendar
Return to homepage.