- #ArcaneBrotherhood On their third morning in Termalaine, the party waited for Oarus Masthew to return from the mines to declare them free of kobold. He paid the party their 60g and thanked the party for a job well done, leaving into The Blue Clam while the party talked amongst themselves outside on adventure plans. A short while later, Oarus returned, awkardly thanking a maternal white-haired human woman escorted by two undead kobold, freshly resurrected from the party's work in the mine. The woman's name: Vellynne Harpell. Vellynne, according to Oarus, had financed clearing of the mine and inspected it this morning, seeming a bit dismayed as if she was searching for something but didn't find it. Vellynne proceeded to head to her undead sled dogs at the outskirts of town, when she asked the party why they were following her. Vellynne it turns out, much like Fern, also has an owl familiar.
- #ArcaneBrotherhood Azgul revealed a particular bodypart to Vellynne Harpell, somewhat surreptitiously. Thus ensued a conversation about the Brotherhood mage Dzaan, who while she is reluctant to help (her coalition's mages are more competitive than co-operative colleagues), was apparently drawing more ire and attention than was necessary in the town of Easthaven. She was heading there to see if she could capitalize on assisting her colleague - and in exchange - be entitled to any knowledge he has procured. She thanked the party for purging the mine and providing her such lovely henchmen before departing.
- #TheWhiteMoose The party arrives in Lonelywood for the first time, a small hunting, logging, and fishing settlement of once-scoundrels and assassins and, as the town speaker Nimsy Huddle put it, bastards. The speaker gave the party lodging in her attic alongside her four halfling children. She recruits the party to hunt the killer moose that's killed
only twoactually like six hunters. It's eluded hunters since. The pay is 90g plus any earnings from meat brought to local butchers.
- #TheRamshackle The party learned of the Ramshackle Inn, an inn whose owner DeGrootz Ramshackle died of an alleged hanging-suicide a year prior. The inn, unfortunately, has had its roof collapse since the relentless winter began.
- #TheWhiteMoose #TheGoldenDawn Visiting Lucky Liar, the party learns little from boastful local hunters. The party does recruit Old Huntsman Clive to help them track the white moose, offering 15g for a job done. The innkeeper, Danae Xotal, seems to know a good lot of secrets. She apparently arrived in Lonelywood about ten years prior and set up the Lucky Liar that she has operated since. When pressed on the events of the golden light and of mages in the woods, she hinted that she certainly knew about magical meddlers, glaring pointedly at Azgul.
- #TheWhiteMoose Visiting The morning prior to heading out into the Lonelywood forests, the party stopped at The Happy Scrimshander, whose owner is the doughy spinster Iriskree Harrowhill. The shop sold scrimshaw tool kits, which Oona and Fern picked up for a 2g a piece. Iriskree mentioned that her last lover, dead now and having bequeathed her a nice sum, was hell bent on hunting the white moose, saying that he could speak to animals and that listening to the forest would guide his path.
- #battle #TheWhiteMoose Three banshees, spectral female elves, surprised the party in the thick of the misty woods. The less-than-corporeal banshee resisted the party's physical onslaught. Old Huntsman Clive fell first, a banshee's phantasmal grasp bringing blood to pool in his mouth. After repeatedly being afflicted by the banshees' wails, Fern collapsed and Oona all but fell, relying on her orcish ancestry to keep her afoot. The party was able to thwart them in the long run, dragging their battered selves further into the wood.
- #TheWhiteMoose Chwinga appeared by the dozen and began playing around the party's sled, playfully pelting Azgul with snowballs while Crank and Hazel watched over the recuperating party. The chwinga tugged at the party's cloaks and led them to a clearing. Time seemed to ebb a bit differently for the next couple hours. Almost as quickly as the clearing came into focus, the chwinga disappeared. The party had arrived at Elvish ruins. A row of six statues faced a 10 ft berm, over which a massive crystalline gnomon sat in a wide circular depression. They had came across a massive moon dial. Upon further scouting, they noted a sarcaphogus flanked by blue heiroglyphic pillars, a marble gazebo on the other end of the berm, and a hole broken into the nearby cliffside, tunneling into darkness.
- 10g each ~ Payment for completing #ABeautifulMine .
❮ 06 · Chronicles · 08 ❯
Journal: Chronicles | Quests | Characters | Battles | XP | Loot | Calendar
Return to homepage.